Update: June 29: Arizona has closed indoor gyms and fitness facilities through July 27th. Surya Yoga will still be offering both online and outdoor classes in the New Vision Breezeway. Our Breezeway classes are in the shade, early in the morning or at sunset. The architecture provides for a consistent breeze which makes the temperature feel totally comfortable and enjoyable. There is also plenty of room for ample social distancing!
Read below for details about how to use our Online Classes.
To Sign Up for In-Studio OR Online classes, click here.
The classes have “times” listed on MindBody because that is the only way to “schedule” them on the software. At approx. the posted time of the class, You will receive an email with a link and you will have 48 hours to take the class at any time you choose. YOU CAN TAKE THE CLASS AT ANY TIME YOU WANT WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE CLASS-“TIME”.
If you need more information on signing up for classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surya Yoga will be re-opening for In-Studio Classes on June 15th, 2020.
To do our best to keep everyone safe and observe social distancing, we’ve altered our class attendance procedures for the foreseeable future.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
This is a list of some of the safety procedures we are putting into place:
- sanitization of the floor, surfaces, and cubbies between every class
- temperature monitoring of each teacher before teaching
- hand’s free class check-in and hand’s free credit card transactions–we ask that every student keep a credit card securely stored on file. cash payments for retail boutique items will still be accepted if that is your desired form of payment
- designated mat spots and strategic mapping for maximum space between each person–studio floor will be marked with tape, and the bottom of your mat will be lined up with the bottom of the tape.
- limited class sizes and limited schedule
- online classes still offered daily
- required pre-registration for classes
- hand sanitizer available throughout studio including a requirement to sanitize hands before touching retail items
- more time between each class to allow for students to enter and exit with social distance, and for proper sanitization of the studio
- the discontinuation of community props usage–please contact us if you would like to rent props by the month or please bring your own mat, blocks, blankets, bolsters/pillows, straps
- a sincere and important understanding that we are all in this together–if you are feeling even slightly unwell, we ask that you please stay home until you feel 100%
Additional Policies and Information for the Foreseeable Future:
- Because class size is limited, online pre-registration is required. If you need assistance setting up a Mindbody Account and learning about class payment and registration, please call Mindbody Customer Support at 1-877-755-4279.
- Should you no-show for a class in which you’ve reserved a space, or if you cancel within four hours of the class start time, you will be charged our current drop-in rate of $18, regardless of your class payment option on file. We truly look forward to a time when this policy can cease! For now as we work together to bring yoga back into the community, we thank you for respecting everyone’s need to practice by only reserving the classes you will attend.
- Please consider arriving no more than fifteen minutes prior to the class start time to facilitate social distancing efforts and reduce congestion in the lobby.
- Many of our In-Studio classes will also be recorded in order to offer online classes to those who are more comfortable practicing from home.
- Because the nature of yoga is a breathing practice, we will not be requiring the use of masks during yoga practice. While we will all be working together to respect social distance, Surya Yoga’s lobby is a relatively small space. For this reason, we do encourage the use of masks into and out of the studio. This is not a requirement and we do respect everyone to make their own choice. We are a community of radical inclusivity and non-judgement. If you don’t choose to wear a mask, please be particularly mindful about social distancing around the front desk, cubbies, and retail boutique. If you do choose to wear a mask, please help us to preserve the sacred energy of our community by practicing non-judgement with those who don’t choose to (or cannot medically) wear one.
Welcome to Surya Yoga and Wellness. We offer a variety of yoga and wellness programs designed to support your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual goals. Yoga is beneficial for building strength, improving balance and flexibility, creating space in the body, and creating calm in the mind.
We are committed to healing the whole self—mind, body, and soul. Our classes are infused with spiritual ancient yogic teachings while providing opportunities for students to create space in the body and calm in the mind.
We have a wide variety of experiences available…yoga classes, meditation classes, exploratory workshops, and other programs which promote healing and wellness.
We also facilitate donation classes and events that give us the opportunity to give back to our community. As human beings, we have an innate ability to heal each other and ourselves. At Surya Yoga, we intentionally choose to BE THE LIGHT, for ourselves and for each other.
Our yoga teachers are experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable; each with their own talents and styles. We encourage students to try a variety of classes and teachers in order to find the experiences that serve them best.
We offer a nurturing space for you to connect with a more peaceful and balanced way of being. We are a supportive community of like-minded souls and we look forward to your presence at Surya!