Update October 19, 2020:
To Sign Up for In-Studio, Outdoor Breezeway, OR Online classes, click here.
We are open for in-studio classes, outdoor classes, and online classes and we are thrilled to warmly welcome you to our studio!
Per the Arizona State Guidelines, here is what you need to be aware of when you attend a class at Surya:
*Pre-Registration is required for all In-Studio and Breezeway classes and Masks are required for the entirety of your time IN the studio. Masks are not required when you practice in the Outdoor Breezeway.
*Classes are designated on MindBody as “IN-STUDIO,” “In the Breezeway,” or “Online Class” so that you are clear on the format/location of each class.
*Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your class. Your temperature will be taken when you enter the studio.
*We have room for 10 students in each IN-STUDIO class and 18 students in our outdoor Breezeway. Because of our limited capacity, a fee of $18 will be assessed if you do not cancel a reservation at least 3 hours prior to the class time or your class package will be applied to cover the class.
*Many of our In-Studio classes will be recorded for the use of our Online classes. You will not be “featured” on the video but you could potentially be “seen” in the video. Every student will need to sign both a Video Release form and a Covid-19 waiver. Clean pens will be available or you can download the forms from the bottom of this email, print them, and bring them with you to the studio.
*Community Props will not be available for use at this time. Please bring your own props to class– including any blankets, pillows, bolsters, blocks, towels, and straps that you need for your practice. If you do not have props and wish to rent them from Surya Yoga, please email email@example.com
*Just as we did when we opened briefly in June, we have an in-depth cleaning process between each class. Hand sanitizer is available near the cubbies/retail area and on the props table.
*If you are feeling even slightly unwell, PLEASE stay home until you feel 100%.
As always your feedback is extremely valued.
Surya Yoga needs your participation in the studio, in the breezeway, and/or online in order to make it through this challenging time. We appreciate your patience as we re-build and we are incredibly grateful for your support
Read below for details about how to use our Online Classes.
The classes have “times” listed on MindBody because that is the only way to “schedule” them on the software. The online classes will be sent before 10am on the morning of the class. You will receive an email with a link and you will have 48 hours to take the class at any time you choose. YOU CAN TAKE THE CLASS AT ANY TIME YOU WANT WITHIN 48 HOURS OF RECEIVING THE LINK.
If you need more information on signing up for classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To do our best to keep everyone safe and observe social distancing, we’ve altered our class attendance procedures for the foreseeable future.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
This is a list of some of the safety procedures we are putting into place:
- sanitization of the floor, surfaces, and cubbies between every class
- temperature monitoring of every person upon entering the studio
- hand’s free class check-in and hand’s free credit card transactions–we ask that every student keep a credit card securely stored on file. cash payments for retail boutique items will still be accepted if that is your desired form of payment
- designated mat spots and strategic mapping for maximum space between each person–studio floor will be marked with tape, and the bottom of your mat will be lined up with the bottom of the tape.
- limited class sizes and limited schedule
- online classes still offered daily
- required pre-registration for classes
- hand sanitizer available throughout studio including a requirement to sanitize hands before touching retail items
- more time between each class to allow for students to enter and exit with social distance, and for proper sanitization of the studio
- the discontinuation of community props usage–please contact us if you would like to rent props by the month or please bring your own mat, blocks, blankets, bolsters/pillows, straps
- a sincere and important understanding that we are all in this together–if you are feeling even slightly unwell, we ask that you please stay home until you feel 100%
Additional Policies and Information for the Foreseeable Future:
- Because class size is limited, online pre-registration is required. If you need assistance setting up a Mindbody Account and learning about class payment and registration, please call Mindbody Customer Support at 1-877-755-4279.
- Should you no-show for a class in which you’ve reserved a space, or if you cancel within three hours of the class start time, you will be charged our current drop-in rate of $18, regardless of your class payment option on file. We truly look forward to a time when this policy can cease! For now as we work together to bring yoga back into the community, we thank you for respecting everyone’s need to practice by only reserving the classes you will attend.
- Please consider arriving ten to fifteen minutes prior to the class start time to facilitate social distancing efforts and reduce congestion in the lobby.
- Many of our In-Studio classes will also be recorded in order to offer online classes to those who are more comfortable practicing from home. Any student practicing in the studio will need to sign a Video Release Form and a COVID-19 waiver.
- Masks are required for the entire duration of your time in the studio. Masks are not required at our Outdoor Breezeway classes.
Welcome to Surya Yoga and Wellness. We offer a variety of yoga and wellness programs designed to support your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual goals. Yoga is beneficial for building strength, improving balance and flexibility, creating space in the body, and creating calm in the mind.
We are committed to healing the whole self—mind, body, and soul. Our classes are infused with spiritual ancient yogic teachings while providing opportunities for students to create space in the body and calm in the mind.
We have a wide variety of experiences available…yoga classes, meditation classes, exploratory workshops, and other programs which promote healing and wellness.
We also facilitate donation classes and events that give us the opportunity to give back to our community. As human beings, we have an innate ability to heal each other and ourselves. At Surya Yoga, we intentionally choose to BE THE LIGHT, for ourselves and for each other.
Our yoga teachers are experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable; each with their own talents and styles. We encourage students to try a variety of classes and teachers in order to find the experiences that serve them best.
We offer a nurturing space for you to connect with a more peaceful and balanced way of being. We are a supportive community of like-minded souls and we look forward to your presence at Surya!